Happy new year everybody! I spent New Year’s Eve night cleaning up dog vomit and the 1st of January at the vet clinic with our youngest dogs, who was so clever to eat some rubbish in the street the day before and got all intoxicated. Anyway, now he’s much better and everything is back to my (crazy normal), which means going back and forward to London, squeezing all my work appointments or sort of in, like 10 days, then come back to the Continent where my parents live, to take care of my wreck of a dog. Who’s getting older and older but he’s likely to go through this winter too. He’s like one of those ghost ship, you know, long abandoned, but still floating endlessly …
Anyway, it’s the beginning of the New Year and I want to share with you my writer’s resolution.
- Be much, MUCH more organised!
Unfortunately, because of my current situation, it’s impossible for me to write as much as I want, or even as much as I should. So, to be able to produce the amount of writing that I want to produce this year, I’ll have to be better organised to carve more time to write and also to make my writing time count, which means outline more, take more notes etc.
- Complete book 3 of the Supernatural Freak series BY THE END OF THE YEAR (maybe even a little earlier, but let’s be realistic, shall we?)
- Complete a book of Supernatural Freak short stories
- Outline and start writing Secret Project. I can’t tell you anything about it yet, or it wouldn’t be secret. All I can tell you, it’s that it’s NOT a fantasy of any sort, but a romantic comedy.
- Create a monthly blog calendar, a sort of editorial calendar for my blog and update my blog 3 time a week, always on the same days (will let you know more once I’ve got a schedule prepared)
- Write a minimum of 100000 words this year (I plan on writing more but, again, let’s set a realistic goal and not dream too much).
- Get my website updated!
So, here are my resolutions for this year, I will do everything I can to stick to them, I promise! What about you? What are your goals for 2016?