THIS INTERVIEW IS SPONSORED BY HARPER AND COLLINS
1. Why Romance? Did you choose this genre or were you ‘chosen’ by it?
When I started writing I was reading romance novels so it seemed like the natural genre for me.
2. Is there a romance author, living or dead, who inspires you particularly?
Nora Roberts is amazing and I’m also a Regency junkie!
3. Please, tell us about your last book and, if you can, about your future projects.
My most recent romance book is Love in a Nutshell. It’s a co-authored book with Dorien Kelly. It’s set in a resort town on Lake Michigan and it involves some intrigue, a three legged dog, a hot guy, and a woman with a mission.
I am continuing with my Stephanie Plum series. Book Nineteen in the series should be out this coming fall. In June, my series featuring Lizzy Tucker and Diesel continues with Wicked Business.
4. How was your writing journey? Was it difficult to find an agent and get published?
One that took a bit longer than I had intended. It was ten years and three completed novels before I made my first sale.
5. What’s your opinion about this e-book revolution? Would you consider the indie route?
E-books are here to stay. Nearly half of all my sales are E-books and the numbers just keep increasing. I don’t think the indie route is for me, at least at present. My publishers are doing a good job of printing enough books for those who like to read old school, and making E-books readily available for those with electronic readers.
6. Nowadays many publishers expect their authors to use social media a lot to promote their books. Many authors, on the other hand, would prefer to write only, without being distracted by digital trivialities: what are your thoughts?
It’s a brave new world and I think authors need to avail themselves of anything that will get them recognized by readers. Social media is another way of reaching a wider audience and I’m all for it. I’m lucky to have my daughter, Alex, who handles all that cutting edge stuff for me.
Info about the author:
Janet Evanovich (born Janet Schneider; April 22, 1943) is an American writer. She began her career writing short contemporary romance novels under the pen name Steffie Hall, but gained fame authoring a series of contemporary mysteries featuring Stephanie Plum, a lingerie buyer from Trenton, New Jersey, who becomes a bounty hunter to make ends meet after losing her job. The 18 novels in this series consistently top the New York Times and Amazon bestseller lists, most recently with Explosive Eighteen. To know more, please visit: http://www.evanovich.com/
To buy her latest book, click on the cover below: